Experienced Front-End Developer - We offer a fun and challenging work environment, great benefits, and on-the-job training and learning.
We are a growing company based in Johnstown, PA that offers its employees a fun, challenging, and collaborative work environment, great benefits and programs, and opportunities for on-the-job training and learning.
Problem Solutions is an innovative technology company that builds interactive experiences and products for government and commercial customers around the world. Our team of PhD’s, researchers, designers, and technology professionals are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We use our talent, experience, and imagination to solve complex problems and create award winning products with our clients.
- We may be a group of individuals with different perspectives, thoughts, and ideas but our common thread is the understanding that what we do changes lives.
: We’re looking for an experienced Front-End Developer.
- We offer a competitive salary with paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, and 12 observed holidays.
- We also offer great benefits and a health and wellness program.
The position will require the experienced front-end developer to lead front end development of technical projects and to ensure that the goals and mission of Problem Solutions are being represented daily. The ideal candidate will have effective communication, efficiency, responsibility, empathy, and the ability to lead by example. The candidate should have multiple years of professional front-end development experience with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or a related field).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in web markup languages (HTML5, CSS/CSS3)
- Workable familiarity in JS frameworks such as: VueJS, KnockoutJS, AngularJS, ReactJS, .Net Core Razor Views
- Solid grasp of REST APIs and knowledge of interfacing with them
- Usage of code versioning systems such as Git (Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging techniques
- Understanding of the entire web and mobile development process, with an emphasis on front-end design and development
- Understanding of mobile best practices and mobile user experience
- Experience with Photoshop or other design tools, as well as skills in mockups, designs and prototyping
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with designers, developers, other staff members or clients
- Strong critical thinking skills and self-motivation
- The ability to organize, lead, and direct technical efforts
- The ability to derive and analyze requirements, and provide technical advice on the conceptual design of solutions
- Expertise in applying current and evolving technologies
- Knowledge of mobile device development techniques and tools
- A strong understanding of software architecture, domain engineering, and the software engineering processes
- A strong understanding of and the ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC
- The ability to supervise and mentor lower level engineers
- Scrum Master Certification
- Familiarity with Agile System Development utilizing SCRUM or Kanban
- Understanding / Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC and/or Java is a plus
- Experience with: Xamarin, Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android
- Native Android
- iOS Swift/Objective C
- Familiarity with cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure / Amazon AWS
Problem Solutions is based in Johnstown, PA. This is a great place to live and a wonderful community. Our employees are very active in local activities and events such as youth sports, business meetups and clubs, and arts and recreational events.
Telecommuting/ remote options will be considered based on qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V: Problem Solutions maintains a policy where qualified applicants are hired based on fitness and merit without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information, or veteran status.